In this two-part interview, Zuzana Walker, University College London, gives her expert opinion on the impact of early diagnosis and misdiagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), and current strategies for caregivers and family members. The full article relating to this video can be viewed here.
1. What are the main difficulties in the clinical evaluation to make an accurate diagnosis of DLB? (0:12)
2. What can be the impact of a misdiagnosis on the patient’s family and caregivers? (3:25)
1. In your opinion, what should be the right strategy to help a patient with Lewy body dementia, their family and caregiver to move forward? (0:12)
2. In which situations do you use dopamine transporter (DaT) imaging? (1:09)
3. From a medico-economic point o view, what are the benefits of making an early diagnosis of DLB?
Disclosure: Zuzana Walker has received consultancy fees and research support from GE Healthcare and grant support from Lundbeck.
Filmed at a GE Healthcare-sponsored educational meeting on DLB, held in London, UK on 23 March 2018.