Rajesh Pahwa (University of Kansas Medical Center) discusses essential tremor and exciting findings presented in his emerging science poster presentation entitled: Non-Invasive Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Symptomatic Relief of Hand Tremor in Essential Tremor (abstract available here).
1. What is essential tremor and how does it differ from Parkinson’s disease? (0:11)
2. What are the limitations of current treatment options for essential tremor? (0:47)
3. Could you tell us a little about the neurostimulation device described in your presentation? (1:21)
4. What were the findings of your study investigating this device? (2:04)
5. What were the side effects of this treatment? (3:14)
Speaker disclosures: Rajesh Pahwa has received consulting fees from Abbvie, ACADIA, Acorda, Adamas, Cynapses, Global Kinetics, Lundbeck, Neurocrine, Pfizer, Sage, Sunovion, Teva Neuroscience, and US World Meds. Dr. Pahwa has received personal compensation in an editorial capacity as the Co-Editor-In-Chief of the International Journal of Neuroscience. Dr. Pahwa has received research support from Abbvie, Adamas, Avid, Biotie, Boston Scientific, Cala Health, Civitas, Cynapses, Kyowa, National Parkinson Foundation, NIH/NINDS, Parkinson Study Group, and Pfizer.
Filmed at the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Annual Meeting 2018, Los Angeles, CA, US, April 2018.