Peter Goadsby (Professor of Neurology, Headache Group, King’s College Hospital, London, UK) discusses erenumab for the prevention of migraine, including the rationale, findings and clinical implications of the LIBERTY study.
1. Could you tell us a little about erenumab and its advantages compared with current oral preventative therapies in migraine? (0:12)
2. What clinical evidence has led to the positive CHMP opinion for erenumab for the prevention of migraine? (0:44)
3. What was the rationale for the LIBERTY study? (1:24)
4. What were the efficacy and safety findings of this study? (1:50)
5. What are the implications of these findings for clinical practice? (2:40)
Speaker disclosure: Peter Goadsby serves as a consultant for Amgen, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Alder Biopharmaceuticals and Allergan.
Filmed at the 4th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN), Lisbon, Portugal, June 2018.