IAPRD 2018 Congress Chair, Elena Moro (Grenoble University, Grenoble, France), shares her highlights from the meeting including discussion of unmet needs in the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD), management of gait and postural disturbances in advanced PD, pedunculopontine nucleus deep brain stimulation (PPN DBS) and aspects of IAPRD 2018 she feels have been most valuable.
1. What do you consider the major unmet needs in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease (PD)? (0:14)
2. What is the best approach to managing gait and postural disturbances in advanced PD? (2:26)
1. Could you tell us a little about pedunculopontine nucleus (PPN) deep brain stimulation (DBS)? (0:14)
2. Which patients are most likely to benefit from PPN DBS? (1:53)
3. What aspects/presentations are you most looking forward to at IAPRD 2018? (2:58)
Speaker disclosure: Elena Moro has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the XXII World Congress on Parkinson's Diseases and Related Disorders (IAPRD), Lyon, France, August 2018.