Guillermo Garcia-Ribas (Spain), Richard Dodel (Germany), Evelien Lemstra (The Netherlands) and Alessandro Padovani (Italy) discuss key insights in the diagnosis and management of patients with DLB, and highlight the latest technology and benefits of an early and accurate diagnosis. The full article relating to this video can be viewed here.
1. In your opinion, what are the main difficulties in relation to the diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) in your country? (0:12)
2. In terms of patient management, what are the main differences between a patient with Alzheimer’s disease and a patient with DLB? (1:33)
3. What are the benefits expected for a patient, their family and caregivers, who receive an early accurate DLB diagnosis? (3:23)
4. What are the main imaging tools that help you to make an early diagnosis of DLB? (5:55)
5. From a medico-economic point of view, what are the benefits of establishing an early diagnosis of DLB? (6:52)
Guillermo Garcia-Ribas declares financial disclosures with GE Healthcare, Novartis, MSD, Grifols, Roche/Genentech, Neuronbio, Biocross, Piramal, Alter, Laboratorios Esteve, Krka, Nutricia, Fundación CIEN, Pfizer and Lilly.
Richard Dodel has acted as a consultant for Adept Field Solution, AstraZeneca, Avos Consulting, Baxter, Contingo Consulting, Group H, Lilly, MedPanel, Merz, Novartis, Octapharma, Pfizer and Piramal; received research funding from Abbott, AOK Plus/infas Institut, Baxter, BMBF, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurologie, Deutsche Parkinson Vereinigung, EU Horizon 2020, Faber-Stiftung, Hector-Stiftung, Internationale Parkinson Fonds, Lundbeck, Novartis, and Rhön-Klinikum; and received honoraria from AbbVie, DZNE, Lundbeck, Med Update, Novartis, Paul-Martini-Stiftung, Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes.
Evelien Lemstra has received no personal compensation from any organisations other than the VU University Center, Amsterdam, which has contract research partnerships with GE Healthcare, Piramal Imaging, Merck, Nutricia, Probiodrug, EIP Pharma, Roche AG and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Alessandro Padovani has acted as a consultant for GE Healthcare.
Filmed at a GE Healthcare-sponsored educational meeting on DLB, held in London, UK on 23 March 2018.