Non-motor Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease
78. Krogh K, Ostergaard K, Sabroe S, et al., Clinical aspects of bowel symptoms in Parkinson's disease, Acta Neurol Scand, 2008;117:60–4.
79. Wang G, Wan Y, Cheng Q, et al., Malnutrition and associated factors in Chinese patients with Parkinson's disease: Results from a pilot investigation, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2010;16:119–23.
80. Goetze O, Nikodem AB, Wiezcorek J, et al., Predictors of gastric emptying in Parkinson's disease, Neurogastroenterol Motil, 2006;18:369–75.
81. Goetze O, Wieczorek J, Mueller T, et al., Impaired gastric emptying of a solid test meal in patients with Parkinson's disease using 13C-sodium octanoate breath test, Neurosci Lett, 2005;375:170–3.
82. Krygowska-Wajs A, Cheshire WP, Jr, Wszolek ZK, et al., Evaluation of gastric emptying in familial and sporadic Parkinson disease, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2009;15:692–6.
83. Jost WH, Gastrointestinal dysfunction in Parkinson's disease, J Neurol Sci, 2010;289:69–73.
84. Lebouvier T, Chaumette T, Damier P, et al., Pathological lesions in colonic biopsies during Parkinson's disease, Gut, 2008;57:1741–3.
85. Petrovitch H, Abbott RD, Ross GW, et al., Bowel movement frequency in late-life and substantia nigra neuron density at death, Mov Disord, 2008;24:371–6.
86. Taylor TN, Caudle WM, Shepherd KR, et al., Nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson's disease revealed in an animal model with reduced monoamine storage capacity, J Neurosci, 2009;29:8103–13.
87. Kuo YM, Li, Z, Jiao Y, et al., Extensive enteric nervous system abnormalities in mice transgenic for artificial chromosomes containing Parkinson disease-associated alpha-synuclein gene mutations precede central nervous system changes, Hum Mol Genet, 2010;19:1633–50.
88. Chaumette T, Lebouvier T, Aubert P, et al., Neurochemical plasticity in the enteric nervous system of a primate animal model of experimental Parkinsonism, Neurogastroenterol Motil, 2009;21:215–22.
89. Blandini F, Balestra B, Levandis G, et al., Functional and neurochemical changes of the gastrointestinal tract in a rodent model of Parkinson's disease, Neurosci Lett, 2009;467:203–7.
90. Greene JG, Noorian AR, Srinivasan S, Delayed gastric emptying and enteric nervous system dysfunction in the rotenone model of Parkinson's disease, Exp Neurol, 2009;218:154–61.
91. Drolet RE, Cannon JR, Montero L, et al., Chronic rotenone exposure reproduces Parkinson's disease gastrointestinal neuropathology, Neurobiol Dis, 2009;36:96–102.
92. Morgan JC, Sethi KD, Tegaserod in constipation associated with Parkinson disease, Clin Neuropharmacol, 2007;30:52–4.
93. Sullivan KL, Staffetti JF, Hauser RA, et al., Tegaserod (Zelnorm) for the treatment of constipation in Parkinson's disease, Mov Disord, 2006;21:115–6.
94. Zangaglia R, Martignoni E, Glorioso M, et al., Macrogol for the treatment of constipation in Parkinson's disease. A randomized placebo-controlled study, Mov Disord, 2007;22:1239–44.
95. Zibetti M, Torre E, Cinquepalmi A, et al., Motor and nonmotor symptom follow-up in parkinsonian patients after deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus, Eur Neurol, 2007;58:218–23.
96. Asai H, Udaka F, Hirano M, et al., Increased gastric motility during 5-HT(4) agonist therapy reduces response fluctuations in Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2005;11:499–502.
97. Adhiyaman V, Hobson P, Meara RJ, Central and peripheral autonomic integrity in Parkinson's disease, Age Ageing, 2008;37:578–81.
98. Pandya M, Kubu CS, Giroux ML, Parkinson disease: not just a movement disorder, Cleve Clin J Med, 2008;75:856–64.
99. Goldstein DS, Holmes CS, Dendi R, et al., Orthostatic hypotension from sympathetic denervation in Parkinson's disease, Neurology, 2002;58:1247–55.
100. Senard JM, Chamontin B, Rascol A, et al., Ambulatory blood pressure in patients with Parkinson's disease without and with orthostatic hypotension, Clin Auton Res, 1992;2:99–104.
101. Araki I, Kuno S, Assessment of voiding dysfunction in Parkinson's disease by the international prostate symptom score, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2000;68:429–33.
102. Winge K, Skau AM, Stimpel H, et al., Prevalence of bladder dysfunction in Parkinsons disease, Neurourol Urodyn, 2006;25:116–22.
103. Winge K, Nielsen KK, Stimpel H, et al., Lower urinary tract symptoms and bladder control in advanced Parkinson's disease: effects of deep brain stimulation in the subthalamic nucleus, Mov Disord, 2007;22:220–5.
104. Sakakibara R, Uchiyama T, Yamanishi T, et al., Genitourinary dysfunction in Parkinson's disease, Mov Disord, 2010;25:2–12.
105. Blackett H, Walker R, Wood B, Urinary dysfunction in Parkinson's disease: a review, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2009;15:81–7.
106. Seif C, Herzog J, van der HC, et al., Effect of subthalamic deep brain stimulation on the function of the urinary bladder, Ann Neurol, 2004;55:118–20.
107. Winge K, Friberg L, Werdelin L, et al., Relationship between nigrostriatal dopaminergic degeneration, urinary symptoms, and bladder control in Parkinson's disease, Eur J Neurol, 2005;12:842–50.
108. Hineno T, Mizobuchi M, Hiratani K, et al., Disappearance of circadian rhythms in Parkinson's disease model induced by 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine in dogs, Brain Res, 1992;580:92–9.
109. Menza M, Dobkin RD, Marin H, et al., Sleep disturbances in Parkinson's disease, Mov Disord, 2010;25(Suppl. 1):S117–S22.
110. Sakakibara R, Hattori T, Uchiyama T, et al., Videourodynamic and sphincter motor unit potential analyses in Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2001;71:600–6.
111. Bennett N, O'Leary M, Patel AS, et al., Can higher doses of oxybutynin improve efficacy in neurogenic bladder?, J Urol, 2004;171:749–51.
112. Ehrt U, Broich K, Larsen JP, et al., Use of drugs with anticholinergic effect and impact on cognition in Parkinson's disease: a cohort study, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2010;81:160–5.
113. Cooper JA, Sagar HJ, Doherty SM, et al., Different effects of dopaminergic and anticholinergic therapies on cognitive and motor function in Parkinson's disease. A follow-up study of untreated patients, Brain, 1992;115(Pt 6):1701–25.
114. Andersson KE, Treatment of overactive bladder: other drug mechanisms, Urology, 2000;55:51–7.
115. Giannantoni A, Rossi A, Mearini E, et al., Botulinum toxin A for overactive bladder and detrusor muscle overactivity in patients with Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophy, J Urol, 2009;182:1453–7.
116. Neu HC, Connolly JJ Jr, Schwertley FW, et al., Obstructive respiratory dysfunction in parkinsonian patients, Am Rev Respir Dis, 1967;95:33–47.
117. Estenne M, Hubert M, De Troyer A, Respiratory-muscle involvement in Parkinson's disease, N Engl J Med, 1984;311:1516–7.
118. Canning CG, Alison JA, Allen NE, et al., Parkinson's disease: an investigation of exercise capacity, respiratory function, and gait, Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 1997;78:199–207.
119. Pitts T, Bolser D, Rosenbek J, et al., Impact of expiratory muscle strength training on voluntary cough and swallow function in Parkinson disease, Chest, 2009;135:1301–8.
120. Troche MS, Okun MS, Rosenbek JC, et al., Aspiration and swallowing in Parkinson disease and rehabilitation with EMST: a randomized trial, Neurology, 2010;75:1912–9.
121. Schiermeier S, Schafer D, Schafer T, et al., Breathing and locomotion in patients with Parkinson's disease, Pflugers Arch, 2001;443:67–71.
122. Reuter I, Engelhardt M, Freiwaldt J, et al., Exercise test in Parkinson's disease, Clin Auton Res, 1999;9:129–34.
123. Tandberg E, Larsen JP, Karlsen K, A community-based study of sleep disorders in patients with Parkinson's disease, Mov Disord, 1998;13:895–9.
124. Porter B, Macfarlane R, Walker R, The frequency and nature of sleep disorders in a community-based population of patients with Parkinson's disease, Eur J Neurol, 2008;15:50–4.
125. Comella CL, Sleep disturbances in Parkinson's disease, Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep, 2003;3:173–80.
126. Askenasy JJ, Yahr MD, Reversal of sleep disturbance in Parkinson's disease by antiparkinsonian therapy: a preliminary study, Neurology, 1985;35:527–32.
127. Cicolin A, Lopiano L, Zibetti M, et al., Effects of deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus on sleep architecture in parkinsonian patients, Sleep Med, 2004;5:207–10.
128. Comella CL, Morrissey M, Janko K, Nocturnal activity with nighttime pergolide in Parkinson disease: a controlled study using actigraphy, Neurology, 2005;64:1450–1.
129. Suzuki K, Okuma Y, Hattori N, et al., Characteristics of sleep disturbances in Japanese patients with Parkinson's disease. A study using Parkinson's disease sleep scale, Mov Disord, 2007;22:1245–51.
130. Garcia-Borreguero D, Odin P, Serrano C, Restless legs syndrome and PD: a review of the evidence for a possible association, Neurology, 2003;61:S49–S55.
131. Happe S, Trenkwalder C, Movement disorders in sleep: Parkinson's disease and restless legs syndrome,
Biomed Tech (Berl), 2003;48:62–7.
132. Pittock SJ, Joyce C, O'Keane V, et al., Rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism: a clinical and genetic analysis of a new kindred, Neurology, 2000;55:991–5.
133. Maria B, Sophia S, Michalis M, et al., Sleep breathing disorders in patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease, Respir Med, 2003;97:1151–7.
134. Trotti LM, Bliwise DL, No increased risk of obstructive sleep apnea in Parkinson's disease, Mov Disord, 2010;25:2246–9.
135. Punjabi NM, The epidemiology of adult obstructive sleep apnea, Proc Am Thorac Soc, 2008;5:136–43.
136. Arnulf I, Leu-Semenescu S, Sleepiness in Parkinson's disease, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2009;15(Suppl. 3):S101–S4.
137. Gjerstad MD, Aarsland D, Larsen JP, Development of daytime somnolence over time in Parkinson's disease, Neurology, 2002;58:1544–6.
138. Suzuki K, Miyamoto T, Miyamoto M, et al., Excessive daytime sleepiness and sleep episodes in Japanese patients with Parkinson's disease, J Neurol Sci, 2008;271:47–52.
139. Kaynak D, Kiziltan G, Kaynak H, et al., Sleep and sleepiness in patients with Parkinson's disease before and after dopaminergic treatment, Eur J Neurol, 2005;12:199–207.
140. Stevens S, Cormella CL, Stepanski EJ, Daytime sleepiness and alertness in patients with Parkinson disease, Sleep, 2004;27:967–72.
141. Arnulf I, Leu S, Oudiette D, Abnormal sleep and sleepiness in Parkinson's disease, Curr Opin Neurol, 2008;21:472–7.
142. Ondo WG, Fayle R, Atassi F, et al., Modafinil for daytime somnolence in Parkinson's disease: double blind, placebo controlled parallel trial, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 2005;76:1636–9.
143. Meindorfner C, Korner Y, Moller JC, et al., Driving in Parkinson's disease: mobility, accidents, and sudden onset of sleep at the wheel, Mov Disord, 2005;20:832–42.
144. Gagnon JF, Bedard MA, Fantini ML, et al., REM sleep behavior disorder and REM sleep without atonia in Parkinson's disease, Neurology, 2002;59:585–9.
145. Claassen DO, Josephs KA, Ahlskog JE, et al., REM sleep behavior disorder preceding other aspects of synucleinopathies by up to half a century, Neurology, 2010;75:494–9.
146. Boeve BF, Silber MH, Ferman TJ, Melatonin for treatment of REM sleep behavior disorder in neurologic disorders: results in 14 patients, Sleep Med, 2003;4:281–4.
147. Ringman JM, Simmons JH, Treatment of REM sleep behavior disorder with donepezil: a report of three cases, Neurology, 2000;55:870–1.
148. Schmidt MH, Koshal VB, Schmidt HS, Use of pramipexole in REM sleep behavior disorder: results from a case series, Sleep Med, 2006;7:418–23.
149. Schenck CH, Mahowald MW, Kim SW, et al., Prominent eye movements during NREM sleep and REM sleep behavior disorder associated with fluoxetine treatment of depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder, Sleep, 1992;15:226–35.
150. Fiszer U, Michalowska M, Baranowska B, et al., Leptin and ghrelin concentrations and weight loss in Parkinson's disease, Acta Neurol Scand, 2010;121:230–6.
151. Delikanaki-Skaribas E, Trail M, Wong WW, et al., Daily energy expenditure, physical activity, and weight loss in Parkinson's disease patients, Mov Disord, 2009;24:667–71.
152. Aziz NA, van der Marck MA, Pijl H, et al., Weight loss in neurodegenerative disorders, J Neurol, 2008;255:1872–80.
153. Uc EY, Struck LK, Rodnitzky RL, et al., Predictors of weight loss in Parkinson's disease, Mov Disord, 2006;21:930–6.
154. Chen H, Zhang SM, Hernan MA, et al., Weight loss in Parkinson's disease, Ann Neurol, 2003;53:676–9.
155. Lorefalt B, Ganowiak W, Palhagen S, et al., Factors of importance for weight loss in elderly patients with Parkinson's disease, Acta Neurol Scand, 2004;110:180–7.
156. Strowd RE, Cartwright MS, Passmore LV, et al., Weight change following deep brain stimulation for movement disorders, J Neurol, 2010;257:1293–7.
157. Walker HC, Lyerly M, Cutter G, et al., Weight changes associated with unilateral STN DBS and advanced PD, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2009;15:709–11.
158. Wszolek ZK, Markopoulou K, Olfactory dysfunction in Parkinson's disease, Clin Neurosci, 1998;5:94–101.
159. Bohnen NI, Muller ML, Kotagal V, et al., Olfactory dysfunction, central cholinergic integrity and cognitive impairment in Parkinson's disease, Brain, 2010;133:1747–54.
160. Chaudhuri KR, Odin P, Antonini A, et al., Parkinson's disease: The non-motor issues, Parkinsonism Relat Disord, 2011;17:717–23.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64
| Page 65
| Page 66
| Page 67
| Page 68
| Page 69
| Page 70
| Page 71
| Page 72
| Page 73
| Page 74
| Page 75
| Page 76
| Page 77
| Page 78
| Page 79
| Page 80
| Page 81
| Page 82
| Page 83
| Page 84
| Page 85
| Page 86
| Page 87
| Page 88
| Page 89
| Page 90
| Page 91
| Page 92
| Page 93
| Page 94
| Page 95
| Page 96
| Page 97
| Page 98
| Page 99
| Page 100
| Page 101
| Page 102
| Page 103
| Page 104
| Page 105
| Page 106
| Page 107
| Page 108